Oak Tree rated “Good” by Ofsted
In its latest inspection of Oak Tree Day Nursery, Ofsted rated our provision as “Good”.
It the Inspector’s summary of findings she noted the following about Oak Tree:
- The manager and her deputy have made considerable improvements since the previous inspection. For example, they have deployed staff more effectively to ensure that they meet the care needs of all children.
- There is a good balance of child-led and adult-initiated activities. In particular, adults give children time to think before answering questions, which helps staff to plan for the children’s next steps in learning more securely. Children make good progress.
- Children form trusting relationships with staff and show that they are emotionally secure. Children learn how to behave well and get along with their friends.
- Parents are pleased with the nursery. They are well informed about their children’s learning and development.
- Children benefit from good opportunities to increase their physical skills as they play outdoors and take part in well-organised activities, such as exploring the forest area.
- The staff have a good understanding of safeguarding issues and their responsibility to provide a secure environment for children.
Read the full report on the Ofsted website.